Monday, April 13, 2009

Eggstravaganza!

Below are some pictures to highlight our Easter weekend. Dan and I haven't done traditional Easter basket with the kids, but we do dye eggs and do the fun, little egg hunts at our house. This year, however, we did do a unique activity with them, but I am going to post that separately, otherwise, this would be a super long post.

Here is a picture of some of our brightly-colored eggs. Decorating eggs is a bittersweet thing for me. The kids love to do it and it is a good reminder to me about taking pleasure in the "simple things." However, it was in the middle of an egg-decorating session two years ago, that I got the phone call that my dear friend from high school, Christy, had passed away and was at Home with her Saviour. What a joy it is to know she was a child of God and we will one day reunite and worship our Risen Lord together!!! When I hear or sing certain songs, like I Can Only Imagine, Come To Jesus, or In Christ Alone, I am so grateful for the power of my God and I think of my friend, who is basking in the Glory of The Almighty!




On Saturday, my mom came over and we hid the plastic eggs all around the backyard. I knew I had some regular baskets in my garage somewhere, but I wasn't sure where and the kids were anxious to get started, so I used gift bags (I save and reuse them). This picture was taken before the hunt began.

Of course, little Claire had to go first so that she would indeed have a few eggs in her bag. My mom and I had hidden some very obvious ones for her sake. I love this picture because it shows her face right after she spotted it...she was pretty happy with herself.


There's Jake and Lydia waiting in the background...

and their OFF!
(This is the only picture I have of Jake until the end of the hunt because the boy was too fast for me and my bum leg).
Lydia looks in lovely lilac!




This green egg was the last one to remain hidden. J & L were in this area for what seemed like a few minutes (we were telling them they were hot). A couple of times, it looked like each one of them looked right at it and missed it. Then, as you can see above, Jake walked right past it. Finally....


the Jakester has it!!!

We needed the eggs for the next thing we were going to do (see next post) so the kids had fun dumping out the yummies into one container to share. And of course, Claire helped herself to the findings during this time!

No comments: