Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Update

I have a few quiet moments to myself right now so I figured I would catch everybody up. Thank you all for your prayers for me recently. My last post was the beginning of this month when I was still medicine-deprived. I had my scan done on the 6th and waited about an hour after it was done to her the results. Praise God they were good results!!! Everything looked good. Unfortunately, the wonderful people (typed with sarcasm) over at Compunet where I had my bloodwork taken had not even processed my blood...it was still "sitting on their shelf," as the nuclear medicine doctor (Dr. Jacobson) explained it to me. He on the other hand, was extremely thoughtful and told me that he would even call me over the weekend if the results of the bloodwork came in. Per my endocrinologist's request, I was to stay off my medicine and stay on the no-sodium diet until those results were in. So, leaving the hospital, I had to kick myself in the rear a bit. Here I had just been given great news, but was focused on the disappointment of not getting on my Levothyroxine. I was so discouraged at that point in time due to the condition of my body. I know full-well what the thyroid does for the human body now! I cannot even describe the exhaustion. It got worse the longer I was off the medicine and I believe I was starting to go into a depression from it as well.

So, the scan was on a Thursday and that Saturday, on the way to a wedding, I got a call from Dr. Jacobson saying I could resume taking my medicine and normal eating. I was thrilled! I knew it would take time for it to build back into my system, but it was that I was at the starting point that I was so happy about. And now, almost a month later, I'm back. Not only can I finish washing my hair in the shower without needing to give my arms a rest, I started actually working out at the gym again this week. It has been wonderful. I am so thankful for God's healing in my body and for my eensy-weensy little blue pill that I can take once again. Dr. Koroscil (my endo doc) said my bloodwork level was 4.6. They want it to be 0, but considering it was at 14.9 last year, before my treatment, it is definitely better! I have to call and make an appt. for the spring, where I'm sure they will do more bloodwork and another ultrasound.

Once again, thank you for your prayers. I look back at some pictures from July and I looked pretty much how I felt. I know it was the Lord's working that got me through it and I just wanted to tell you all how much I appreciate your lifting me up.

No comments: