Monday, May 17, 2010

Spring Break - Part 1

Figured I'd better put some spring break pictures up before summer vacation arrives! Dan subbed 3 of the 5 days of spring break and while we missed having him around, the kids and I made some fun memories.
Here are the kids at Orchardly Park (my favorite park). While digging in the sand in a beach setting would have been grand, Jake, Lydia, and Claire had a fabulous time diggin' away in good, ol' Oakwood, Ohio! (there's that tongue...)



Call me crazy, but I let the kids have some friends over one day during spring break. Why, you may ask, is that crazy? Well, the plan was to divvy up the days, but logistically, the day that worked the best was the same for everyone. So...I had em' all come over the same day. Six kids...not so crazy, but throw in dress up clothes, a karaoke machine, and paper mache projects, and there you have it. I was one tired mama at the end of the day. Thankfully, I had my own mama around to help me keep my sanity.

Jake and his buddy making paper mache dragons.

Lydia, her girl friends, and Claire serenading mom and grandma.

Lunch time and some brief, quiet, munching moments.

Two-legged carrot.

Having fun with the two-legged carrot!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Looks like so much fun, Gwen. 6 kids in one house make more memories, anyway!! You are a great mom!