Thursday, April 14, 2011

Happy Birthday, Bertha!

Beth with son #3
Just wanted to shout out a "Happy Birthday!" to my dear friend, Beth (a.k.a. Bertha), a beautiful person on the inside and out! What a blessing she has been in my life. The days of us spending those carefree summer days on the farm or at camp are long gone. Now, we get to watch our kiddos enjoy similar memories. And while our adventures have changed, you betcha that we still have them! Trash pickin' in the late night hours, spending hours in Applebee's to have kid-less debriefing sessions, setting up our garage sales despite pending storms looming over our heads in high hopes that it would just "blow over." What I appreciate about Beth the most is that she is real! I know I can come to her seeking advice, prayer, encouragement...whatever...and her response is always real. Her passion is real! Her love for her family is real! Her love for the Lord is real! And I tell you what...real is refreshing. So, Happy Birthday, Beth. I love you, girl!

No comments: