Monday, July 25, 2011

Fun at Jungle Jim's

I was mean tired driving home from the Louisville zoo last month. We were about 50 miles away to Cincy when I was so wishing that we were 5 miles to HOME. Then I had an idea. The kids were oblivious while I was on the phone with Dan. We crossed the bridge into Ohio and drove past the city. I got off at the West Chester exit and pulled into a hotel parking lot. "What are we doing here, mommy?" "We are going to stay here overnight." "No, really... what are we doing?" "Really, we ARE going to sleep here tonight." I might have well said we were on our way to Disney - that was the hollering and celebrating going on in the back of the van. Who knew a sleepover in a hotel was so exciting!? Score, Mom (and Dad, the hero, who had found us a decent place on Priceline). The kids were happy to not cut our trip short and I was happy to have a bed sooner than later. We checked in, went across the street to get some snacks, Jake watched some basketball, and then we were all out. The next day we swam in the pool before checking out. Since we were close, I took the kids to Jungle Jim's. I don't know what they were imagining in their heads after my description, but I did remind them it was a glorified grocery store. That didn't matter. We spend 3 + hours there...THREE HOURS. They wanted to check out every single isle with all the different ethnic food options. We bought some fun, different food, sampled several things, and of course, had fun with the camera!



















No comments: