Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Baby Girl's Five!



Claire has been 5 years old for exactly one month...just about my pace for updating this here blog. I will post her birthday party pictures next time. Just wanted to wish my C-R-A-Z-Y, fun-loving, lastborn a very belated birthday wish on here. Just last night, Dan and I were watching some old videos from when Claire was 14 months old and also our beach trip in 08. Lots of fun to watch those, but also a visual reminder that our kiddos are growing up so very fast. I have not had any maternal "itches" in a long time. Even with my sweet little baby niece, Anna. But seeing my "baby" as a baby stirred something up. Guess we better not watch anymore. =) Oh, and in the above picture you can see where Claire decided to cut her hair (she still has long hair...it is braided in the picture, but take a look at those bangs).

So, back to Claire. She has recently said a couple of funnies that I don't want to forget. Thought I would jot them down on here for my memory's sake.


*We read books every day before naptime. Yesterday, when Claire was picking out her books, I heard her proclaim with excitement, "Green Hams and Green!" Can you guess what one of her favorite books is?

*This morning before school, Claire got out her play doctor's kit (score at the thrift store...69 cents). She gave me a shot (pretty standard treatment from Dr. Claire), listened to my heart, and checked my ears last (probably because she absolutely HATES that part of her visits and has a panic attack the second the inside-the-ear-looker thing approaches her). She looked into my right ear and then my left one and point blank told me I had "greasy ears."

1 comment:

Jill said...

Claire is growing up beautifully!!!