Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas songs according to Lydia

A lot of you may remember this, but some may not...last year, during the Christmas season, Lydia was singing along to the familiar carol, "Angels We Have Heard On High". When she got to the end of the long "Gloria" part, this is what I heard..."Glo-ooooo-ooooo-ooooo-ria, He made Chelsea Spranger." I laughed to myself, but didn't say anything because I wanted Dan to hear it. And this is the way she continued to sing this song since we did not correct her...it was just too cute. Well, this year, I overheard her singing again (she loves to sing...in fact, she just sang a duet with my mom on Sunday morning during our Gifts To Christ unified service. I'll have to see if Dan can help me upload it on here). Yesterday evening, Lydia was singing "Every Valley" from the Messiah. My church choir just performed the Messiah 2 weekends ago and we had also been listening to the Young Messiah on cd. In Lydia's version, it goes, "Every valley, shall be conspired. Not quite as humerous as Chelsea Spranger, but it just makes me smile to think what kids actually hear sometimes.

1 comment:

Jill said...

What about "Oh, come let us ignore him"?