Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Thanksgiving in January

I was going to post about our Christmas break happenings, but realized I hadn't yet posted photos of our Thanksgiving holiday. So, that comes first. One of these days I will shock everyone and post more frequently and stay up to date. But until that day comes, enjoy our day 2 months ago! We went to Indianapolis and first went to the Ollis' house, and enjoyed the company of my aunt, uncle, cousins, and lots more family! Then, we headed over to Mom and Dad Ernst's house where we stayed until the next evening. We had a wonderful time!


This was the women's table. Not that we had to be segregated...at one point, I actually made the brave move and went into the other room on the other side of the house where all the menfolk were (watching football, of course). I stayed for less than 5 minutes...they were kinda boring.
My cousin, Amanda and our Grandma Kanost (a.k.a as Nini K by the Ollis')
Lydia and Reath (my dad's cousin's daughter...not sure what that makes her to Lydia, but it doesn't matter...they love hanging out with each other every year).Thank goodness for the basement...the kid's playroom during a long day!
Dan and my Uncle Randy...probably discussing football or um...maybe the weather.
This picture needs some explanation. My uncle apparently made Claire very nervous. She was enamoured with him, but could not handle him coming near her. She would get this look of fear and whine for "mommy." I'm not sure why...he is a most likeable person. I took this picture when we were saying good-bye. She didn't know he was right around the corner amd I grabbed a picture...that's the closest he ever got. For a while, she kept talking about "Ranny."
After leaving the Ollis', we headed over to mom and dad's house for a soup dinner. We stayed there overnight and had a good time of visiting. Below is a picture of Lydia and Noelani shortly after we arrived...can you see the look of sheer delight on Lid's face? She adores her cousin!
An exciting game of Memory...can you guess who won?
The girls play Bingo
Friday morning, mom made a very yummy breakfast casserole, turkey sausages, and fruit. Dan was in charge of the pancakes!
While breakfast was being prepared, I discovered Lydia and Grandpa having some special time together. I had to capture the moment. I especially like the first silhouette picture.

Dan...all tuckered out (he was sick).
More football watching, I think.
Tickle-time with Aunt Araceli
Love these girls!
Love this grown-up girl, too!

1 comment:

jilanbil@yahoo.ca said...

Thanks for sharing all these memories. I was happy to see so many pictures of my family. Good job, Gwen!