Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jesus

The Sunday before Christmas, our church always does a unified service called "Gift To Christ Sunday." Before everyone goes to the front to drop off their gifts, there is a lot of singing of carols, as well as some special music. This year, Grandma asked if Lydia could sing with her. Jake wanted to be a part of the action as well and he practiced with Grandma, but about five mintues before their special, he whispered to me that he did not want to sing. His name was in the program, but I did not want to make him do something he was afraid to do. He did just wonderful in a group setting during the Jr. Praise team's production of Carribean Christmas, but I think the thought of just him, Lydia, and Grandma up there was too much. Lydia does not seem to have the stage fright. She walked on up, tried on her own to climb the stool in her pretty dress, accepted the help given, and waited for her song to start. She did wonderfully and I am so tickled to have this memory recorded. Thanks Grandma K., for thinking of this. I will always remember it! Also, after the video clip are a few attempts to get our anual Christmas photo of the kids at church. Let's just say Claire had a mind of her own.








5 comments:

Jill said...

I'm a mess, Gwen. As soon as I clicked play I started tearing up, and the tears just kept coming down through the whole song. So glad you recorded that and so glad you shared it here.

You're right, she's totally at ease up there. Having one's grandma right by one's side would sure be a confidence-booster. That is the sweetest thing I've seen in forever!!!

Lydia, I loved you song and I love YOU!!

Jill said...

Oh, I forgot to add that Mark and were cracking up and Claire. So funny!

Gwen Ernst said...

Jill, the funny thing was that after church, I asked Lydia if a lot of people came up to her and told her she did a good job. She said, "yes, but a lot of people told me they cried." (I explained to her that they were happy tears, but I think she already knew).

(This is Lydia now..she wants to type something to you...

hola this is why jake didint want to sing becuase he thougt that he was going to... throw up. i can hum a song i know . but i cant type [hum] a song. come to our house someay . xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo bye-bye.

Jill said...

Thanks Sweet Lydia, for the message. I loved it. I would like to come to your house someday soon and listen to you hum your song.

Tell Jake that I understand why he didn't want to sing. That's a pretty hard thing to do, and throwing up would not be very fun! Maybe next year. Or maybe that's just not your thing. That's okay!! Love you too, Jakers.

Kate Craig said...

Gwen, I just came across your blog. I'm so happy you posted this video! We weren't there that Sunday, but I had heard about Lydia's song. She was great!