Thursday, January 8, 2009

Time To Party!

On the last day of school before Winter Break, the schools all have a party. I was able to take the girls to a sitter's house (where they had a blast themselves...thanks, Linda) and surprise Jake by showing up at his party. They had a sing-off for the first 45 minutes or so, where each class got to sing their special they had been practicing with their music teacher. After that, they played "Feliz Navidad", during which Santa made his appearance. I came to Jake's party last year and caught the end of this, so I think it may be a tradition at Indian Riffle. I sat back in a chair and watched until they played "Feliz Navidad," and then got up to snatch some pictures. This is when Jake found me. I love the look on his face. It reminded me that even though I may not think a school party is such a big deal, Jake does. And me being there made his day! I hope the excitement of seeing Mom or Dad and wanting to share a fun day with them lasts a long, long time!
I caught Jake's teacher doing the boogie-woogie! How fun is she?!

Afterward, all the classes separated and went back to their rooms to have treats and hang out.

"Want one, Mom?"
Jake and his teacher, Mrs. Codispoti (Can you tell from this picture that Jake had used his shirt as a napkin while making gingerbread houses earlier? Boys...)

No comments: