Thursday, January 8, 2009

"C Is For Cookies...That's Good Enough For Me!" (Cookie Monster)

This was our 3rd anual Christmas decorating event! I've baked cookies for the neighbors and a few friends for some years now, but once we started icing sugar cookies, I knew it would become a tradition. My parents and my sister come over to help head up the decorating. Usually, I am busy baking other kinds of cookies (which I made a ton of Monster cookies this year), but I got to get in on the fun part too. Grandpa didn't make it until mostly all the cookies were done, but he helped with a few. I know most of you probably don't care too much about our specific cookies, but I do this blog for my kids too, so this is more for them. Maybe I can lure you to look at the rest of this post by telling you the group favorite is pretty funny (made by Jake). And just so ya know, my kids also plead with me to let them use some non-Christmasy cookie-cutters. So, if you wonder what footballs or boots have to do with Christmas...the answer is nothing. At least we managed to go without the dinosaur cookies this year.

The Christmas Cookie Crew!
The beginnings of Lydia's plate
Very focused.
Aunt Sarah Beth's plate (her favorite she made is the cute snowman).
My plate...I like my football and Go Colts. Too bad we're not watching them anymore this season.
Grandma Kanost's plate. Grandma showing of one of her favorites she made.
Jake's plate...this makes me laugh. Look at all that candy! Claire's favorite didn't make the picture; she gobbled it up too fast.
Lydia's favorite was one that I made that said, "I love Lydia."
(We obviously kept some of them - that would have been strange to give that one to the neighbors).
And lastly, another one NOT given to the neighbors...Jake's creation! This one was a favorite by the adults and Jake too, of course.

No comments: