Monday, June 8, 2009

Locks of Love

Lydia had been begging me to get her hair cut. She liked her long hair, but H-A-T-E-D when it came time for brushing it. She uses conditioner in the shower and we also put a spray in conditioner (could have bought stock in that stuff). But regardless, it was prone to some nasty snarls and tangles. And with summer coming, the thought of throwing in suncreen, chlorine, and sweat, it wasn't going to get any easier. The only thing was we were planning on donating her hair. Locks of Love needed 10 inches and we were so close (hence the begging). I had thought about Wigs for Kids, too, but I just couldn't make my girl wait for her hair to grow another couple of inches. So, finally the day came and I called my friend, Nancy. She told us to come on over after Lid got off the bus. I told Lydia that we were going to get her hair cut and she said, "Maybe I'll be on the announcements." I guess that same day a girl who had donated her hair got to be recognized on the visual announcements. (I wrote Lydia's teacher a note the next day, and Lydia did indeed get to make an appearance and do the Pledge). The following pictures show the BIG CUT!!! Ten inches is a lot of hair, but she looks quite cute! And little sis' got to get a matching cut!


Before (front)
Before (back)
Combing...
Braiding...
CUTTING!!!
Here's what we send in.
After (profile)
Claire's turn.
Can ya tell she was not too happy?
But it was all over soon enough and then the girls got to play with friend, Philip!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Thanks for documenting with pictures!! Love the new cuts!