Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Big Thank You and some other stuff

I realized today that I never even mentioned a huge part of our trip...the wonderful grandparents who helped to make it happen by taking care of our kids! Thank you so very much, Mom and Dad E! What a blessing it was for us to be able to go and know our kids were in the hands of grandparents who love them much and were willing and wanting to spend almost an entire week with them! I know the kids made many memories with you and that makes my heart happy! Thanks the big special moments...like picnics at the park and fishing and for the quiet, but just as big special moments...like singing "Summertime" at bedtime and lots of journal writing! I love it! And we love you both so much!

Today was a day to recover from our vacation. Sounds funny...but it truly was an exciting, yet tiring, visit. Let's just say Dan or I had no problems falling asleep each night. I thought I would try to keep up with all the walking we'd done in NYC by pulling Claire in the wagon to school this morning. She loves it when "we" walk to school. Got a few spits of rain and was hoping we wouldn't get dumped on...or at least that the dumping would wait until my solo walk home. Thankfully, I arrived home dry.



Got a bunch of laundry done, had an easy supper plan (leftover porcupine meatballs...thanks again, Mom E), and read some Holes to Jake and Lydia and Rattlebang to Claire before bed. A pretty layed back day...glad to be home. One funny before I log out...at least to me. Claire sometimes gets mixed up with her words. Lately, she has been asking me, "Are you my baby?" Then comes the explanation that she is my baby and I am Grandma Kanost's baby. Tonight at bedtime, she commanded me to kiss Dan, "because you're his husband!" Silly girl!


Finally, just for a walk down memory lane. I was looking for a picture of Grandma and Grandpa Ernst to put on here. I have many but went looking for the ones of when we went to PNG in 02' and they got to meet Jakers for the first time! Talk about a memory...these pictures make me well up a bit. Guess it doesn't help that my sweet baby boy is turning 10 on Friday. Enjoy the pictures...I sure do!

No comments: