Monday, October 10, 2011

Our Last Day Here

This was taken earlier in the week, but I had to include a picture of us on the subway!

So call me a dork, but there was one particular place I was hoping to visit in New Jersey, since we were close. This next picture was taken on our way to the train. I thought Christopher St. looked like a nice street to live on. We arrived in Hobokin, New Jersey - your 1st clue. The next picture is your 2nd clue (and answer if you are a fellow Cake Boss fan).










So, Cake Boss is one of my favorite shows to watch. The cakes they make are pretty unbelievable! I new I would be one of many wanting to go to Carlos Bakery (as you can see from the line in the picture below). It was a 1-2 hour wait in the line. And while I am sure whatever we ordered would have been delish (and my sweet hubby was willing to accommodate), I decided a peek through the window and a picture would suffice). While we were eating outside at the pizza place next door, I saw Grace, Buddy's sister. She was taking pictures with with people, so after we ate, we went over and grabbed a quick picture. I had said I wanted to see a celebrity and in my book, Grace is a celebrity!



Our next stop was the Empire State building! Jake and Lydia...you inspired Daddy for this picture. Remember the gorilla statue at the zoo. Well, Daddy got to pick King Kong's nose! Another shot of the George Washington Bridge for the kids!

Looked like a Lego city from so high up!

The new tower being built with Statue of Liberty in background.

The very top...where King Kong went a little berserk.

Look, Jake, Lydia, and Claire...we found Gelato on the streets of New York City! But I didn't see Pistachio.



Had to stop in Macy's just to see. So many peeps!

Who can tell me what's wrong with this picture? And of course...the obvious answer (to the debate) is Jordan and Pippen!

It's interesting when you are on a trip without your kids what makes you think of them. There are LOTS of pigeons here and I think of Bert's pet pigeon from Sesame Street every time I see one, which makes me think of my kids! Plus, I think they would be enamored with the quantity of them.

Our last stop today was Coney Island. It was nice to smell the ocean air and take a walk along the beach (albeit with shoes on...it was a dirty beach). And God gave us a beautiful sunset! A great way to end a great time!




1 comment:

Jill said...

wow!!
another packed day!
and what a beautiful way to end your time in NYC!!