Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Little Thursday Randomness





Here are pictures taken earlier this fall that I never got around to sharing until now (imagine that)? The kids had fun carving pumpkins. Jake even carved his entire pumpkin by himself this year! Did you notice that tongue that comes with intense concentration sticking out? The last picture is of the finished pumpkins next to Kevin, our scarecrow man and his new friend, Kelsey. Speaking of, I just got done washing their clothes to store away for next year.

And now, on to much more exciting news! I'm going to be an uncle! Woohoo!
Sarah Beth and Matthew had the family over last month for a reveal party. On the day of their ultrasound, I was given instructions NOT to call...since keeping a surprise is hard for both of them. I would find out that evening at their house. Evening came and sitting on their dining room table was this cake. Of course, we had to wait until after supper was over. We were all anxious to get into that cake. You see, the middle layer of icing would be either pink or blue, revealing the gender of baby Rickert #2. My guesses were for a boy...although I thought Anna was a boy, too. Finally, supper was over and my mom had the honors of cutting the cake. Blue icing it was!!! How exciting! Ironically, the night before on Cake Boss, I'd watched Buddy make a gender reveal cake for a couple...only chose to be surprised with their guests and the color of the cake under the icing was the reveal. What a fun way to share! Anyhow, I am super excited to be meeting my nephew in March...due 8 days after his big sis. Only, maybe he'll follow Anna's lead and come a month early and have a February birthday...we shall see.

And now, I must get the kids fed and Lydia ready for gymnastics. Grandpa Kanost is taking her tonight so that I don't have to drag Jake and Claire there. Thanks, Grandpa!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Great pumpkins, kids!!

And congrats to your sis and her husband!! Happy days!