Saturday, December 17, 2011

York

So I was trying to be clever with the title of this post but I got nothin'. This short word has been in my vocabulary a lot recently. I am claiming it the word for this fall (for me).

First off, there was our New YORK trip in October.

Secondly, there's been much talk of YORK-ies in our home. No, we are not getting a dog. Lydia has to do an IRP (independent research project) in her KARE class and the topic she chose was YORKshire terriors. She saw one for the first time in Jack's pets and fell in love with this breed of dog. Hmm, Lydia...could it do anything with the fact that they usually have a bow in their long hair? Just saying...

Lastly, right now I am typing this blog in YORK, PA! My mom and dad were planning on visiting my brother and his family in December. I haven't been back in this area since summer of 2007, so I asked if I could tag along. It took some figuring out having places for the kids to stay since Dan was out of town this week, but we successfully left Thursday around 4pm and arrived here a little after 1am. One fun memory from the trip was singing to my dad at midnight on the 16th (his birthday). Only I initiated it, not knowing the clock in my mom's car was a little fast. We had fun celebrating two birthday's (my brother's is on the 24th) and an early Christmas with John, Amy, Jonathon, and Matthew. We leave tomorrow after church. Not looking forward to the long drive home leaving YORK, but at least we will have more daylight hours on the way home.

Anyone want to buy me a York Peppermint Patty before the 22nd (the first day of winter)?

1 comment:

Jill said...

I've been trying to come up with a witty thing to say, Gwen, for a couple days about all your "Yorks". Like you, I've got nothing! :)