Sunday, August 12, 2012

Where To Begin

I've been a slacker in terms of blogging, I know.  Summer has been full. Vacation Bible School, swim team practice and meets, days at the pool, basketball camp for Jake, trips to Indy to visit family, skating, creeking, a family trip to Columbus last weekend...these are a few of the things we have been doing.  And alas...the kids have one day left.  Jake and Lydia start school Tuesday and Claire starts kindergarten on Friday.  They are all excited.  Claire was disappointed when she found out she wouldn't be eating lunch at school, but quickly regained her happiness when I told her I would pack her lunch in her Hello Kitty lunchbox every morning and she'd eat out of it at home.  Oh, how the simple things bring pleasure to a 5 year old.  The Olympics have been fun to watch as a family, but I'm glad they are done since the late nights don't mix well with getting up early for school.

While we've certainly had our fun over the summer, I was not so great about pics.  Have a few to share later on, but I def need to be more on top of bringing my camera along.  And I still have Lydia's 9th b-day pics to post.  Poor girl...I really did slack on that one.

One thing before this tired girl heads to bed...
Please pray for my nephew, Jonathon.  Yesterday, he took a spill off his scooter and injured himself pretty badly.  He suffered a broken wrist and damage to his two front teeth.  He sees an orthopedic tomorrow, but I am sure he and his family would appreciate the prayer.

No comments: