Sunday, July 27, 2008

Catch up time - June

Ok...I promised pictures, so here they come! I hope to stay more current with my blog, but here are a few memories caught on the camera over the summer. Thank you, God for this blessing of being able to capture a moment in time. Here are a couple of those moments.

Grandma and Grandpa Ernst arrived back in the States in early June. There was much excitement for their homecoming on the part of the grandkids and we were also looking forward to them meeting Claire for the first time. We drove to Indy to see them and to loan them our car until they found one of their own. While on the subject of Grandma and Grandpa, let me say what a blessing they have been to us. They came the first week of July to return our car and stayed the entire week to help us out and hang out with the kids. I was off my medicine at that point in time, so I really appreciated the rests I was able to get in while they were here. And Jake and Lydia were loving the attention! Claire took this week to get to know them better. Then, during my isolation period, they, along with the help of the Billingtons and the Ernsts, took care of J & L. What a HUGE blessing to know my kiddos were in good hands and being loved on!
The kids at Grandma and Grandpa's house. We got to spend the night there and this was right before bed...hence the reason for Claire in her jammies.

Playing at Uncle Rich and Aunt Araceli's house.

Jake was finishing out his T-ball season in June, so I signed up Lydia for swim classes without him. The first 4 classes, she was to have an adult in the water. I was not supposed to get in the water yet after my surgery and Dan was at Jake's game, so during these sessions, my sister willingly got in the pool with Lid. I kept Claire with me since Dan helped coach the games, so I had the fun task of entertaining her (she really wanted in, too). Amazing how far a drinking cup will go with a toddler (with water in it, of course).

No comments: