Monday, July 28, 2008

Green(e) play date

The first week of July (before G-ma & G-pa arrived), I ventured out to the Greene with the kids. Being only a mile from our house to the Stroop entrance is nice, as we often walk/ride bikes there as a family. However, there was no walking there that day as my energy levels were starting to drop at this point. We met Beth and her 3 boys and ended up having a marvelous time together, as always. There was a lady there face painting. After the kids enjoyed the fountains for a while, the older of the 6 kids had fun getting there faces done up.My LydiaWho knew a water drain was so exciting?Claire and Travis...good buddies!Jake & Lydia are invloved in the summer reading program at the library. Jake wanted to take a book along since he has been so excited about reaching 30 hours. He and Tine are taking a break and I thought this was a sweet photo. Jake and Tine...our firstborns! Jake getting his face painted!Lydia's turn (actually, she went first).The finished product...Jake as the Incredible Hulk!Flowery LydiaBest friends (even though Jake won't admit it). The Hulk, Tine the Tiger, and my Flower girl

When we got home, Jake decided he wanted to draw a picture of The Incredible Hulk (or The Hork as the wrote it).

2 comments:

gretchen said...

Lydia is absolutely gorgeous....watch out!!

Unknown said...

We don't know each other, but I searched using Google "Claire bear party" and found you. I have a Claire bear about to turn one as you did at one time. I read some of your blog, as I have a blog as well. I was fascinated with your life and the similarities. It looks like you are a far away from the Dallas area but there were odd similarities like kids and religion, faith, and even PNG. When I saw the PNG reference, I thot I had to write. I am missing my husband's sister and family as they left for PNG in May. I just thot it was a small world so I prayed for your cancer and your family as you deal with the diagnosis. Your blog spoke to me and I am blessed by it. How random is this? Ive never done this before. Sorry if this is creepy. I am sure I wont check it anymore.

Thanks!
Ashley
www.theflachs.blogspot.com ...if you'd like to see another Claire bear. :)