Thursday, July 23, 2009

My Jake Date

Jake and I got to go out on a date on Monday. It was nice to spend some quality time alone with my son. Our first stop was a trip to the library. Jake is going to research the topic of recycling since he is pretty passionate about it. Then he is going to be in charge to "teach" the rest of the family, as we start to do our part. I know we should have been on board a long time ago, but Jake has certainly helped remind us that we needed to be recycling.

After the library, we went to dinner. His first choice was Olive Garden. That was a bit more money on dinner than I was planning on, plus it was no where near our next destination. He settled on Pepito's, where he was going to order a hot dog, of all things (and he'd had one for lunch). I talked him into tacos since we were at a "Mexican" restaurant. Our waitress snapped our picture together for us before we left. I hadn't realized our older camera wasn't on auto. That is the reason for the other blurry pictures.

Bowling was next on the list! I took advantage of a free kids bowling program this summer (http://www.kidsbowlfree.com/) and this was our first time going. We played our 2 free games, returned our shoes, and as we were leaving, Jake asked for a treat. They wanted a dollar for a candy bar, so I said we'd stop on the way home to get something that was worth more for my buck. We stopped at UDF, where Jake picked out a package of donuts. The sun was setting, so I suggested we go to Delco Park right up the street to talk and enjoy the donuts. Jake downed the donuts in no time and in even less time, was done with the talking and asked to go play on the playground. So, we stayed for another 1/2 hour and I even played a bit of tag with him. We got home around 9:30. All in all, I'd say it was a good date. Jake asked if we could do it again so I think he had a fun time as well.

Like father, like son...he got these teeth out one of those machines at the bowling alley.

No comments: