Friday, October 23, 2009

Of Picnics, Books, and Bugs


While these two have been in school (this picture was taken on their first day), I have had some fun times with Claire. There have been some grumpy times too, and I think I just figured out part of that grumpiness last night...I didn't know but she has been working on her 2 year molars (just a few days before she turns 3). But overall, this time alone with Claire has been a blessing. Let me tell you, she is one funny, little girl.
Here are some pictures of a day last month when we decided to have a picnic in our front yard.





We ate lunch, read books, and just enjoyed hanging out with one another. It was almost unbearable for Lydia to hear we had done this without her, so I offered to get the sleeping bag back out again and spread it out for her for an afternoon read and snack. Her frowns quickly turned to smiles!
The only problem now was figuring out which position was the most comforable.


And while Jake does love a good book, this day he decided to engage in another favorite past time...catching bugs. His classroom has frogs and he had been catching frog food!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Fun post, Gwen.

heidi said...

hi gwen
did you get my apology via facebook for being so rude in walmart recently? i hope so, i didn't mean to be in such a rush. anyway, i just read some of your blog, it looks like you are going through some transition in your family! i can relate to adjusting to God's plan... after my husband was a youth pastor and then pastor of the Harvest for a total of 14 yrs, he ended up as a full time state farm agent. lately we are praying about whatever steps are next for us, its been quite a journey but God is so good! if you want to talk ever, call me! my email is hlandes@woh.rr.com