Friday, October 8, 2010

A Souper Deal

I make no claim to be the expert in the couponing world, but I am so glad I have learned a thing or two over the last couple of years. A huge "thank you" to Jenny and Emily over at Mommin' It Up and Crystal at Money Saving Mom (both on my blogger list off to the side). They were who gave me a crash course in couponing. While we no longer get the paper right now, I have still been able to score some sweet deals through the use of printable coupons!!

The above deal was done last week at Rite Aid. With Dan subbing, he is packing his lunch every day. He has been great about taking leftovers from dinner and sometimes packs a sandwich. When I saw I could get a good deal on these soups, I thought that would be another good option for Dan. Thanks to my mom, who generously gave me the coupons she had on Progresso soups. (She is also a superb couponer).

I'll not break it down in great detail, but basically, with the store sales, combined with my coupons and previous rewards I had earned, I was able to get all that was pictured above (plus one additional can of soup...Dan had already taken one for a lunch and a pack of gum) for $8.11 and received $8 back in more rewards! I'd say that was worth the eleven cents!!

2 comments:

Mommin' It Up! said...

woot woot! I am loving Rite Aid! Great job!

Jill said...

good job, Gwen. 11c! Not too shabby!