Thursday, February 9, 2012

This One's For You, Joel!



My nephew, Joel, has a great interest in the Statue of Liberty. Here is a recap of my sister in law, Jill, explaining this cute obsession. http://http//mjbillingtonquebec.blogspot.com/2012_01_08_archive.html (wish I knew how to highlight a word that would take you to that blog post, but I can't figure it out...hoping what I did even works).


Anyhow, in recent weeks I have see different people dressed up as the Statue of Liberty on a nearby street. Of course, every time I see one of them, I think of sweet Joel. One day the kids were in the car with me and I said out loud, "I should take a picture for Joel." With my kids thinking I was a bit crazy, I acted upon that thought...thus the explanation for the above photo. Hopefully, I didn't get this guy's hopes up that his marketing technique was drawing business for the local tax place he was hired by (I think the name was Liberty Tax). I just wanted our Joely to see him! Love you Joel!

3 comments:

Jill said...

I can't wait to show him, Gwenny. Thanks for thinking of him.

Jill said...

this is Joel

I love you, Aunt Gwen. Thanks for the picture. That costume is cool.

Gwen Ernst said...

Your welcome Joel! Glad you liked it. Would you dress up like the Statue of Liberty like that if someone payed you?