Sunday, March 18, 2012

Still Alive!

Where to begin...

Life has felt like a juggling act recently.  Conclusion = I don't really like juggling!  And when we try to discard one of the balls, another one seems to be tossed in.  Some of it has been by choice, some has been temporary changes.  But due to the fact that I am not a good juggler, my blog has taken a backseat.  That, and the last time I tried to post, I was having such difficulties that I gave up. 

I love the beginning of each month when I make the new calendar on my dry erase board.  Such whiteness (with the exception being the monthly "garage sale").  Needless to say, it fills up ever so quickly. 

My goal is to get back into more of a habit of blogging.  The kids love to go back and read (and so do I).  Dan's been having a hard time with Claire getting so big.  And I am having that hard time with Jake and Lyd.  So I love that we can go back on here and reminisce. 

No pictures tonight though.  Just asking for prayer.  Lots of prayer for lots of people.  Here are the ones that have been on my mind a lot...

*Dan's mom fell and broke her hip and is in the recovery process right now.  His dad is undergoing radiation treatments for the next few weeks to come.  I know they would covet your prayers.

*My sister's going to have a baby any day now!!!  We celebrated Anna's b-day yesterday.  She turns 1 on the 20th and Sarah Beth is due on the 28th! Been making sure my phone is charged and by my bed each night!

*Also on the 20th...my sister's sister-in-law has a pre-trial court date.  She was falsely accused and arrested for shoplifting at Elder Beerman (Dayton Mall) and taken to jail.  She was shopping with her 1 yr. old son who was getting fussy.  She had put a toddler coat on the handle bar of her stroller, considering whether to buy it or not.  She made her purchases and left the store forgetting about the coat.  She was approached as soon as she got out the door.  They would not listen to her explanation and called the police.  This is just so hard to believe that this happened to her.  Any mother can probably relate.  Anyhow,  we know God is in control no matter what.  This is just one of those times in life when I have to remind myself that our perspective is different and His ways are Higher!

*A close friend of mine is going through a huge trial involving her marriage.  My heart hurts for her.  Cannot give details...just pray!  And while on the topic of prayer, could you lift Dan and I up, as well?  Don't read between the lines!  I just know all marriages need prayer...so why not!? =)

*This has been on my heart a lot recently.  I pray that my kids will grow and develop strong friendships with other Christians their age.  This was a blessing for me growing up and I still have strong connections with some of those friends!

*I also pray for wisdom and patience as I/we parent these kiddos God has entrusted to us.  Man, there are days when I feel like a big, ol' F-A-I-L-U-R-E; when I need to seek the forgiveness from my kids and the Lord.  So grateful they are willing to give that forgiveness to me.

Thanks so much!  And come back...I might surprise you and actually have another post up already!

1 comment:

Jill said...

YAY! still alive! :)