Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Some Phone Pics

This was Claire at the eye doctor last month (quite dilated).  She had failed her depth perception eye test at school and it was recommended to do a follow up with an opthamologist.  My hunch was right about the fact that her age has to do with why she failed it.  She passed it at the office using a different testing method.  Her vision was tested as well and she was 20/30.  The doctor said this is "normal" for kids her age as well and to bring her back in a couple years or earlier if we have reason to believe she is having trouble seeing.  My journey with glasses started in the 5th grade.  We shall see if the kids have more of my eye genetics or their daddy's!


This pic shows better the *big change* with Claire.  Notice her "Repundle" hair is gone!  Ten inches cut and sent to Locks of Love!  Would've done more of a post on this, but my friend, Nancy, who cut her hair took the pictures and I haven't gotten them from her yet.  Oh, it is soooo easy to take care of!
Notice anything strange in this pic?  How about a closer look...


See the tape?  Jake's earphones were too big so he figured out a solution!  Silly boy!


I used my Kitchen Aid for the first time to make icing for a cake for my Sarah Beth's diaper shower.  I love that it is so much easier than using my little hand mixer.  Claire wanted to help and asked if she could turn it on.


Turn it on, she did!  It was a little hard for her to switch it on and she bypassed the lower speeds.  Powdered sugar was everywhere!  Which made me think of the story my parent's told me of when I was a toddler.  We'd gone over to an elderly neighbors house and I managed to disappear for a few moments.  They found me quickly.  I had gone to her back porch were she had a big bag of flour that I had gotten into.  Apparently, they were able to zero in on my location when they saw clouds of white appearing around back.  I'm sure I was having the time of my little life!

No comments: