Saturday, March 1, 2008

Jake's 6th and Claire's 1st B-days

This is mainly for you folk who weren't able to make it to our October celebrations. I am so bad, I don't even know how to send pictures through e-mail. Maybe I should learn so that you aren't having to finally get to see pictures 4-5 months later. Just so ya know what you are lookin' at...Jake wanted a robot party, hence the robot cake my mom and I made together. He and Lydia had gone to a football game with daddy while we made it. When he walked into the house after getting home, he was so excited about his cake. He thought it was soo cool! He got to invite a few friends, and the day of his party, the weather was so nice that we got to party outside! And since we call Claire our little Claire Bear, we decided to give her a little Care Bear party. We did cupcakes for the guests and then Claire got to dig into her cake (which was just the tummy portion of the Tenderheart Care Bear...although he is brown and we just used the light blue to match the cupcakes). It took some convincing on her part to want to put that blue stuff in her mouth, but once she tasted the sugary bliss, she went to town.

Claire's 1st Birthday Dress
Hmm, wonder what this is? Eww, get it off! It won't come off! ok, ok mom, I'll taste it if your gonna shove your finger in my mouthMmm, mmm, this is good stuff! Nope, not gonna admit it...I didn't like it one bit. I don't want to get down yet...just give me back my cake.

This last picture is of Lydia. Even though she is my March baby, I had to include a pic of her as well. Here she is the night of Claire's birthday party, holding on tight to her Chloe Bear that she's cuddled with since babyhood. She was sharing her that night for part of all the decorations, which was just all the various stuffed animal bears we have in the house. BTW, for those of you who know how special Chloe is to Lydia, Claire has a very special bear as well. Her name is Beary (ingenious name, huh?). Below is my Flash From The Past Picture, which just so happens to be one of my favorite pictures of Claire. Right beside her head is her precious Beary.

5 comments:

Jill said...

I can see why Jake was so excited when he saw his cake. That is one cool robot!!

I love the picture of Claire in her pink dress. So completely adorable.
And the pictures of her eating her cake. So good! She is a riot!

I'm glad I FINALLY got to see these.

And about emailing pictures. It's easy with picasa. There is an option at the bottom of the page (I think it is the second button) It says, "email". Just click on that and a screen will come up and you'll know what to do. Super, super easy!

Jen said...

Very cool robot cake! I love figuring out what kind of cake to make the kids for their birthdays. We've done black spiderman, legos, thomas the train, princess dora, sesame street, farm, and flowers. It pays to have three kids because you get lots of chances to be creative!

Dan Ernst said...

Jill, I may be sending you some pics to try it out. Do you have to mess with changing the size? That is the part I don't know how to do. Thanks for the help.

Gwen Ernst said...

Oops, I didn't mean to leave a comment using Dan's name...

Jill said...

Gwen, no that's the cool part. You just select your pictures by clicking on them. Then click "hold" (also at the very bottom left). Once you get all the pics you want selected you just click email and go from there. You don't have to resize anything at all. Couldn't be easier. I'd love to get some pictures!!