Thursday, February 28, 2008

Dr's appt.'s, infections, teeth, and growing pains!

These things could describe my day this past Monday.

Claire is done with antibiotics and is so much better. Although she is extrememly clingy and still grumpy..(I'll address that again soon). But she (or daddy) decided to share the love with Jake and Lydia. When Lydia got home from school on Monday (Dan picked her up and dropped her off, then went back to work), the second she walked in the door, she complained her ear hurt. I immediately called the Dr's office and away we went again (I told the receptionist ladies that I thought they were sweet, but that quite frankly, I was getting quite tired of seeing 'this place.' although one of our visits was just 2 check-ups, but still). Anyhow, Lydia's ears looked clear, but her sinuses & throat were a mess...she has a sinus infection. I had all three kids with me and the nurse prac. was so sweet. She offered to look at Jake too, since he had the same symptoms...same thing. So, this is a first...both of them on the same meds at the same time. It is usually a back to back thing. She also looked at Claire's ears...she is fine now! When she looked in her mouth, she made this 'poor girl' face. Her gums where her molars are working away to come in are soo swollen...hence my fussy, screaming-mad at times, baby. Then, as soon as we get home, Jake starts to complain about his legs hurting him so bad. He kept it up all evening and even voluntarily layed on the couch...he NEVER does that unless he is sick (and I mean, feverish sick, not just a cough). I offered to rub them, but it didn't help. So, we just stayed on the couch together and read a bazillion books to try and get his mind off it (plus I gave him some pain reliever). The only thing I can guess is that it is growing pains. He said his entire legs were just aching. And the kids is growing like a weed...lengthwise, that is. His pants still fall off his rear, he's so skinny. Anyways...that's a little update on us. We had a fairly easy sick season until the beginning of the year. But I do hear it's all running rampid, so I know I'm not alone.
On another note, I recently was looking at pictures on our Picasa and I have fallen in love with so many of them all over again. So, I decided to start a "Flash From The Past." I'm just going to post a picture or two whenever I post, just for fun. (I am still planning on posting pictures of Jake and Claire's b-days, for those of you who weren't here. Lydia's b-day party will be on Sat. the 8th, so she'll have ones coming soon)! So...here is the first Flash From The Past picture(cheesy-sounding, I know).

Father's Day 2004
(you'll have to excuse Jake for what he's doing in the picture)

No comments: