Monday, February 11, 2008

Brotherly Love

Ever since I was pregnant with Claire, Jake has been absolutely in love with her. I remember him getting so excited for his 5th birthday, not only because it was his birthday, but also because he knew shortly after that, we would be welcoming a new baby brother or sister into our family. When Claire arrived, that excitement grew into love as he interacted with her. He always wanted to be near her and was enamoured with her tininess. As she got older, he had fun making her laugh and would often want to feed her a bottle. He was/is also very patient with her as she would pull his hair or get into his toys or whatever else a baby does (much more patient with her than his other sister). He also gets so excited when she accomplishes something new. I know Lydia loves Claire too; there is just something about watching the big brother take care of his baby sister. I just wanted to share some sweet moments between Jake and his lil' sis.

In the hospital

BabyKisses

"playing" together

Peekaboo!

Sharing cake

2 comments:

Jill said...

I LOVE the picture of Jake peeking through the high chair. I'm sure you are so glad you captured that.

Jen said...

How sweet! Our Jacob is the same way with his littlest sister, Emmaline. He can't stand to see to her cry and he loves to tickle her and make her laugh. I hope they always get along this well.