Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Weekend Of Fun


Last Friday and Saturday Dan was out of town. While we missed him, we decided to do some "special" things while he was gone. At Lydia's preschool, the bookmobile had given out some fliers inviting kids to come to the library and pick out 2 free books. We had extra fliers leftover, so Lydia was allowed to take one for Jake. Cool...who doesn't want free books? So, Friday, we went to the library and I let the kids pick out their books. Jake picked There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly and a Dr. Seuess' ABC board book for Claire. Lydia picked out Crysanthemum and a book which I can't remember the title of, but had the name Ella in it. She picked it out for a friend of mine who is planning on adopting a girl and naming her Ella. We went home, made pizzas, and read our new books (plus many oldies but goodies). Saturday morning the kids and I had a cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Here is a fun picture of Lydia looking longingly at them; you can even see her reflection. And of course, Jake being silly knowing the camera was out. Later, we went over to my friend Beth's house for a playdate. The kids had fun being loud and crazy. We can hardly wait for spring to arrive and hit the playgrounds again. But until then, other friend's toys and company are a nice change. Although Jake did try to say there was nothing he could play with since he was the oldest there. He quickly got engaged in a tinker toy set. Wore the kids out good there and headed home for bedtime. Time for my second chick flick. Sunday, we had unified services at church. I had nursery duty so I brought my camera and took some pics of Claire having fun. She loves to play with the baby dolls and pick at their eyelashes (now that I think of it, none of our dollbabies have eyelashes). We had lunch at the church and then came home. Normally, Lydia takes naps on Sundays, but I let her stay up for two reasons. Jake had a project due for school and we had worked on it together as a family. The other reason was that I wanted to put the kids to bed early. So, we worked on Jake's project, which was for his 100th day of school (we were to come up with 100 of something and bring it/display it any way we wanted). We decided to to 100 faces so we could all spend some family time cutting. We had done that part already but still needed to do the pasting. It was a fun time together. I don't have a picture of it, but later that night, my dad came over to watch the Superbowl with me. That was a fun father/daughter thing. (Dan was watching at the church with the the teens). Jake and Lydia watched/goofed off until halftime. What a good game that was to watch the Giants beat the Patriots!!!! Yay!!!! I was so happy for them! And to those of you who are wondering, I have slowly become a football fan. In fact, would you believe that I turned on Mike and Mike of my own doing Monday morning to hear the post-Superbowl talk. Dan had it on downstairs, but I couldn't hear it, so I turned on the kitchen radio. Oh my, I am even shocking myself!!!




1 comment:

Jill said...

I bet Dan is ecstatic about your new love for football.

Claire's hair is getting so long! What a cute picture of her with the doll.