Saturday, February 9, 2008

CHEESE!

So, my sister in law, Jill (whom I think the world of) blogs. She was my inspiration for starting my own. A few weeks ago, she shared about one of her favorite sites to go visit...Shuttersisters. If I knew how to do the little link thing, I would. Anyhow, the challenge was to try and capture faces in unlikely places. Jill's was a cute little, sad-faced ketchup drip. It was quite amusing and afterward, I found myself looking around. Then, when I'd forgotten about it, I found 2 in one day. The first picture was leftover stir fry remnants on a wooden spoon. The second one I found on the top of an oatmeal container lid. I was making Claire her bottle and had gotten it fresh out of the dishwasher, so it was still drippy-wet. I layed the top piece down on the container lid while filling the bottle part with milk. When I lifted the top piece up to screw it on, I found a perfect little smiley face. I haven't found any other expressions, but it has been fun to look. I was reminded of this again tonight, when on the way to a friend's house, Jake wanted to play the cloud game. I'm sure some clouds have faces too! But all Jake found was a turtle. I found a flying pig, then had to stop and pay attention to the road...Silly road.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Ha, ha, Gwen those are GREAT!