Friday, February 15, 2008

Bottoms Up!



Well, I wish I could say that Claire was this happy go lucky today, but unfortunetly, she has been a little sickie. We're going to the Dr.'s in a little over an hour, where they will probably give her a round of antibiotics. This will be the 3rd time she's had them since the begininng of January. Hopefully, after this, she will be done with germies for a while.

OUR VALENTINE'S DAY
Thursday nights we usually have our Growing Kids God's Way class. In past classes, it is more of a group setting on Sunday nights. That seems to be the best time for most couples, but the worst time for us, so we were never able to go. Chris and Susan Link, the leaders, catered to us this time and we opted for a Thursday evening time. This has been a huge commitment as we have met for many weeks and have to find babysitters. I am so grateful for my mom, dad, sister, and friend Lisa, who were willing to do a rotation with us. It has been worth the effort though! This time around, no one else was able to sign up (there are usually about 4-6 couples), so thankfully, Chris and Susan were still willing to teach it with just Dan and I. While we are missing the aspect of a group sharing time, we do have benefits of it just being the 4 of us. Working around schedules has been a cinch and we can hash anything out for as long as we need to. Plus, it has been wonderful getting to know this couple better. Anyhow, now for the reason I began this paragraph...Dan (and another pastor, Mike Kildal) had their 10 year recognition service last Sunday evening. It was a nice tribute to the both of them. Chris and Susan were not able to be there, so they called Dan the beginning of the week and said they wanted to treat us to a double date instead of having our normal class. We went to P. F. Chengs to eat and it was oh, so yummy! We shared, family style, Kung Pow chicken, Mongolian beef, green beans, a mixture of brown and white rice, and lettuce wraps. It was delicious! I'd gotten carryout there once when they first opened, but I was pregnant with Claire. I was working at my mom's place of employment then and they were providing dinner. I was force feeding myself through most of the pregnancy and knew I had to eat something. I just remember picking at my food and not being very impressed with it. But I knew enough not to let my first impression of a restaurant be a true first impression, while pregnant. But I haven't had it since. It was some gooooood eatin.' Afterward we went to Borders and had some 'armpit' (Dan's other word for coffee), and discussed our homework questions. They sent us home with the dvd to watch ourselves. We had a very nice time and are thankful for their thoughtfulness! And a big thanks to Lisa for watching my kids (minus Claire...she was already in bed as I didn't want Lisa to have to be exposed to her). She read books, played games, and made a Valentine's cake with the kids! What a fun babysitter! (This is Lisa at Claire's b-day back in October...I miss my baby girl's flyaway hair).

Oh, and one more kind of funny thing...Dan told me he had a gift for me while we were out, but had forgotten to bring it. We usually don't do gifts on this day so I was surprised. Then the truth came out...at Chipotle, they were having a deal where if you bought a gift card, you got a free burrito! So, my gift was a gift card to Chipotle...wahoo! Hey, even though I am not obsessed with this place like my dear hubby, a gift card is a gift card!!! Thanks babe!=)

5 comments:

John said...

Hey, if you don't want that gift card, you can send it to me. :)

Gwen Ernst said...

Hey bro...do you keep a blog? And if you reread it, I never said I didn't want it. (although I might stretch it and just get chips and guac a few times...I love their guac...mmmm!)

Jill said...

Why "armpit"??

Gwen Ernst said...

I thought you had heard him call it that before. He says, "it is gross, like armpit."

Jen said...

Hope Claire is feeling better. Thanks for all the comments on my blog...nothing brightens my day more than seeing new comments! =)