Thursday, August 19, 2010

Prayer

Lately, it seems like my mind is a rough sea of thoughts that has handicapped my sleep. The other night I was awake until 3 am...just me and my thoughts. When this happens, i ask the Lord to calm my anxieties and give me rest. And He has. There seems to be a lot emtionally "on our plates," but we know God is good and takes care of us. I would ask those of you who read this to join me in prayer for a few specific requests. Thank you to those who already have.

*My mother-in-law, Marcia, has been recently diagnosed with breast cancer. While this was shocking news to hear, we know it did not take our God by surprise. She says the Lord has given her a peace about it all, for which we are thankful. Please lift her up in prayer, as i am told she is getting ready to start treatment very soon.

*My uncle Philip, my dad's brother, continues to decline in his health. He has been under the care of hospice for a few months now. Please also keep my dad in your prayers during this time. My dad has been such an example to me as I have watched him take care of my uncle over the last few years.

*Starting August 24th, i have to get off my thyroid medicine again. My bloodwork came back good and my ultrasound was good, but the Dr. wants to have another pet scan done in September. Dan thinks I should try and get out of it, but i feel that if the endocrinologist thinks that it is needed, I should follow through.

*So many have prayed for our family as Dan has been unemployed. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Please continue to do so. God has provided and it has been a blessing to be on "this side;" to watch how God takes care of our every need. There are some prospects on the horizon. I would put an excited mark next to that last sentence, but my keyboard won't let me do that and half the time, I can't use my parenthesis or capitalize the letter i.

*And lastly, I ask you to pray for something very, very exciting which I am going to let you read in my next post.

1 comment:

Jill said...

wow! a lot IS going on with you guys. big hugs and lots of prayers for what you are living right now. and hey! no fair leaving us hanging like that at the end, Gwen!!! Hurry up and post!