Monday, January 31, 2011

Just A Few Things I Want To Remember

A little randomness in no particular order:


Lydia's idea for a girly-girl nose plug...maybe they distribute these on The Loving (and looping) Airplane.

"Stisters" as Claire would say. There are a lot of squabbles in our house. I know, I'm sure that is shocking to hear. But I love it when I find our kiddos getting along..had to capture this as evidence.
We had a great time in the end of December when Uncle Rich, Aunt Araceli, and Noelani came and visited for a few days. Here is the only decent shot I got of the 4 cousins. Not too shabby, considering...

I had this to work with.
Glued to the tube, watching one of our favorites...
NACHO LIBRE!!!!

Two "reject" pancakes Dan made. Coincidentally, I gave Dan a new pancake griddle for Christmas. I expect no more sad looking pancakes.

We went out to one of our favorite restaurants to celebrate Dan getting a job. It was fun to hang out with 15 family and friends...and Bucca's was the best place to do that since you can be LOUD AND CRAZY! (Lydia is doing a great job demonstrating that).

No more pictures for now, but here are a few verbal memories to share...

*Jake woke up on Monday telling me he had dreamed he lost his tooth. We went about the morning and I took the kids to school. Later, at supper time, Jake was laughing about something. I asked Jake to smile, he did, and I discovered it had not been just a dream. He had more of a "whole-y smile." We still have not found the tooth...I'm wondering if he swallowed it.

*Was reading to Claire the other day and I grabbed the next book on the stack, which happened to be a Little Mermaid book. Don't know what was going through her mind, but I heard her mutter, "Ariel and the three wise men." Hmmm, now that would be an interesting book.

*In love with Mr. Bean

This summer, I had taken the kids to a free movie at the theatre. I believe it was called Mr. Bean's vacation. I wasn't sure if they would like the unusual humor, especially Claire, but they all enjoyed it. Enough so, that when I was at a garage sale this past fall, I nabbed a collection of 3 Mr. Bean VHS tapes. I had wrapped them up for Christmas. Claire has been asking and asking to watch them, so last night, while the ice storm was hitting us hard, we started watching Mr. Bean, vol. 1. There were lots of giggles, so I think the love of Mr. Bean continues.

2 comments:

Jill said...

good stories, Gwen. Our kids love Mr. Bean's Vacation (actually, I do too). The first time we watched it was at the theater in French. Good thing there is mostly just a lot of grunting and crazy antics.

Ruth Ann said...

When I saw the picture of the poor rejected pancakes, I thought one looked like a turtle and the other looked like a fish. Sorry, no smiley face.