Saturday, January 1, 2011

Playing Catch Up In The New Year - Part 1

In November, I finally got to go and visit my sweet, dearly missed friend, Becky. My mom and sis traveled with me and we made some fun memories! Once we arrived Friday evening, we all stayed up pretty late just chatting....something Becky and I are good at! Of course, it was nice to be able to sleep in, too (her hubby and kids made a trip to OH that weekend). On Saturday, Becky was kind enough to drive us to Campbellsville. My maternal grandparents used to live here when I was a young child and I have fond memories of that place! Stopping for lunch at Arby's on the way to Campbellsville.
This magnolia tree was planted by my grandpa for my grandma (her fav). Look how big she is now!

Funny how you remember things from your childhood. My grandpa added this shed to their property and used it for his workshop. Even though it is big for a shed, in my memory, it was much, much bigger.



So, we have these pictures of my sister and I with rakes in front of my grandparents house when we were little. Being the true nerds that we are, we decided to reenact those photos. If I had the originals, I would scan them...but they are at my mom's house. We did not bring rakes with us, but the next door neighbor just happened to be an old family friend. She also told us the owners were not home, but we had fun catching up with her and letting her fill us in on this quaint little town where everybody knows everybody!

Again, not what my memory conjures up. The shutters were green, not blue (and the front door was certainly not blue). Their used to be shrubs and a nice porch swing. And their was no RV parked next to the driveway... but I can't hold that against them.

One more stop before heading back to Elizabethtown. My mom had told my grandma she would check on the grave sites where my great-grandparents and great-aunt are buried.

For supper that night, we got to go to a hibachi grill. MMMM...let me tell you, that was some good eating!

Apparently, Henry wanted to go home with us. He hopped in as soon as the door was opened.
Thanks, Becky, for a relaxing, fun-filled weekend. We had fun playing games and getting to be the first guests in your new, gorgeous home! Can't wait to come back!

1 comment:

Rebecca Rebilas said...

Awww, I had a great time with you ladies!! I hope we can do it again! Maybe we can talk Laura into too!

I am so happy you, your mom and sister all came. Makes me miss you more to see pictures!!