Friday, November 7, 2008

Some Elmo fun

So, my sister came over last Friday night to hang out and help me decorate Claire's Elmo cake for her birthday. I think he turned out fairly well. However, Sarah Beth and I had some good laughs while creating him. Mind you, we were very tired, but here's what we came up with...

Naked Elmo?
Mutton Chops Elmo
Shave Me Elmo
Cool Shades Elmo
Blind Elmo?
Elmo on drugs
(this is the part when we were getting slap happy...I made his pupils bigger than in the picture and we couldn't stop laughing over it)
Later on...
Slice and Diced Elmo
Cyclops Elmo

2 comments:

jilanbil@yahoo.ca said...

The cake looks wonderful, Gwen. Where do you get your coloring for the icing??

Gwen Ernst said...

Thanks Jill! I just bought white icing from the store and added black food coloring (leftover from Jake's robot cake last year). I did go to Michaels to get Wilton's No Taste red coloring, which cost less than I thought it would. The cake pan recommended that...and I figured I better since I had used up all of my regular red food coloring on Jake's race track cake.