Monday, November 17, 2008

Women at Risk

A week ago, I was able to attend an amazing event. I have wanted to post about it and get the word out. Even if my reading audience is small, I wanted to do something. Please go to www.warinternational.org to learn more about what I am about to blog about. Women At Risk is an amazing ministry dedicated to helping women across the seas, as well as here in the US, who are victims of sexual abuse and sex trafficing. They work preventitavely, as well as rescuing women who are currently in a bad situation, and teaching them skills in order to thrive. I cannot even put in to words how moving it was for me to be able to attend. My eyes were opened to some of the sad, sad things going on in our world. While I cannot rescue every child and woman, like my heart would so desire, I can do a part in bringing awareness to the world. So, please, take a moment and go check out www.warinternational.org and learn more about this ministry. And please pray for Becky McDonald and her staff, that the Lord would continue to bless them and keep them safe. God is an amazing God and can heal the broken-hearted and create a pearl within them! He is doing that in many parts of our world!

***My friend, Beth and I, will most likely be hosting a jewelry party in the near future when we get some feedback from Women At Risk. If anyone is interested in more info, just let me know!

1 comment:

jilanbil@yahoo.ca said...

Have you seen this movie, Gwen??? You should if you haven`t already.
http://www.amazon.com/Trafficking-Sutherland-Isabelle-Sarah-Jeanne-Fanny-Laure/dp/B000ETR9VU

Thanks for sharing the site. I'll be taking some time to check it out later. So glad this is being brought to people's attention.