Monday, November 1, 2010

30 Day Giving Challenge

I had intentions of this post being full of pictures of Claire's birthday party. And while those will be coming, I just had to share this challenge that I came across a few minutes ago. I check my couponing blogs just about everyday (because I do love those deals). While checking out MoneySavingMom, I read aboutthe 30 Day Giving Challenge. A team of bloggers is encouraging other bloggers everywhere to get involved. And while the vessel used was a website, God pricked my heart to accept this challenge. To learn more about this exciting opportunity, go check out MoneySavingMom (on my list of blogs favs). You may need to scroll down some to find it as she updates quite often. You can also go to the blogs of the other team members or to other people who have accepted this challenge. I went to one of the team member's sites (http://www.savingthefamilymoney.com/ )and printed off a 30 Day Giving Challenge calendar page. My hopes are to brainstorm with Dan and the kids tonight and make this a family affair. And that is the encouraging thing...monetary giving is welcomed, but not required to participate. There are so many ways people can give to someone else (plenty of ideas are listed in the aforementioned sites). I know for myself, I can get so wrapped up in my own little world, that I don't open my eyes to how little things can encourage someone. I have been personally blessed in huge ways with something as simple as a card letting me know I was being prayed for. So, my plan is to be on purpose about thinking of ways our family can give to others.

A lot of these sites want bloggers to share their stories...to inspire others to get on board, I suppose. And while I will become a fan of this on Facebook to help spread the word, I have decided that I do not want to write everyday what I/we did that day to give. I know I do not reach the masses with my blog, but I did want to mention this much on here for the few who do read my blog. Would you pray about considering joining this joint effort across the country and see how God leads you?

No comments: