Thursday, November 4, 2010

Random Thusday Thoughts

*Took a walk this morning instead of going to the gym. Figured since I'm starting back at the gym slowly and just walking on the treadmill anyhow, I might as well enjoy the outdoors while I can before it turns gray and gloomy. T'was a bit nippy, but very sunny and pretty (until about 6pm tonight when we got hit with hail). I do not have any device to listen to music with, so it was just me and my thoughts. I enjoyed the quietness and "by-myself-ness." I walked to the kids school and back (just under 2 miles). On the way back, I saw some newspaper liter and picked it up, as well has a couple pieces of dropped candy from a trick or treater. I imagined in my head these were unintentionally left behind. But the 2 beer cans, empty carton of cigarettes, and 46 cigarette butts (yes, I counted) bothered me. And where I counted the most of those butts was where there was less grassy area between me and the passing by cars on Stroop. Most of my walk has a lot more of that area, so I can imagine my count was low. I can understand how kicking the habit of nicotine might be hard, but throwing away your own remnants in a trashcan is not. Come on, people.

*One of Claire's b-day gifts was a Leap Pad that the Wykcoff family had passed to us about a year ago. J & L got one of these as a combined Christmas present a few years ago, but it never really worked too well. Claire has been loving this and so have her older bro and sis. The three of them were just hovering over the microphone part of it eating their bedtime snack. Let's just say there was a lot of slap happy giggles going on.

*No school tomorrow! Woo hoo, we get to sleep in. J & L are getting increasingly harder to wake up. Yesterday morning, as soon as I started to wake up Lydia, she proclaimed in her half-sleep-state voice, "It feels like I just got one second of sleep." Watch, tomorrow, she'll be up bright and early.

*Me the other night at supper discussing with Dan the giving challenge mentioned in an earlier post.
"I thought we could brainstorm things to do as a family."

What Lydia heard and then said,
"What family things during rainstorms?"

*I know it is still a couple weekends away, but I cannot wait to go and visit my friend, Becky, in her new home in KY. My mom and sis and I will be taking a "girls only" trip and it will just be so much fun.

*I am pumped about the steals and deals I got at Kroger this week. Thanks to the Mega Deal going on at Kroger in combination with coupons, I got 33 items that at normal prices, would have cost me 73.48. I paid $25.20!! I can't help but get excited about saving almost $50 bucks on things like whole wheat pasta, soup, and Advil, to name a few.

2 comments:

Rebecca Rebilas said...

*I can't wait for you either! I am beyond excited! You are my first guest! You know, I should get a book for you to sign!! :-D

Love you!

Gwen Ernst said...

I'm going to take that as a compliment. Hey, maybe I'll bring one as a house warming gift...how about that? I'm not too sure you should ask my mom or sister to sign it thought. =)