Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Go Vote!

If your house is anything like ours has been lately, with call upon call relating to "vote for so and so...," then you might hate my post. But last night, while watching our favorite football team win (Go, Colts!!) I thought of a good analogy to voting. I couldn't help but notice how extremely loud the Colts fans were in Lucas Oil stadium (aren't you impressed I knew the name of their field)? It was hard for the Texans to hear (hee, hee). At many times, they would zoom in on the fans. One of the times they did, I saw this man yelling at the top of his lungs. I could hear the entire stadium but only saw this one man. This one man's voice would not have made a huge difference if he were alone in that stadium cheering on his team. I'm sure the Texans hearing would have been just fine. But, his voice, in combination with thousands of others, made a contributing factor in the outcome of the game.

And so it is with our votes. Sure, the ballot I cast this morning, by itself, would not matter too much. But my vote, along with the votes of thousands of others, does matter. So, that about wraps up my political speech for the year. And if you haven't done so, go vote!

No comments: