Friday, November 5, 2010

Coffee Cake Visits!

The weekend between Jake and Claire's birthdays, we had the privilege of having Dan's parents come and visit us. A little tidbit about Jakers...he does not like regular birthday cakes. He is standing here beside me and wants me to clarify that he only likes, "angel food cake and coffee cake." And Grandma Ernst's coffee cake ROCKS! He requested this for his birthday and Grandma was feeling well enough to come to OH and bake it herself. Mom and Dad E. were traveling the weekend of his birthday, thus the reason they came the following weekend. While it was a short stay, we thoroughly enjoyed their company and cake!

I love, love, love this picture!

Grandpa helping the birthday boy make a paper airplane.

Jake and Grandma preparing the cake ingredients.


The finished product! Yes, there are 10 candles. Jake insisted to have an extra one on for the purpose of having "one to grow on."

Jake gets help with the match (note how close up Claire is).

What a grown up boy (note how far away Claire is now).
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Ernst, for making the trip to Ohio to make a memory with us. I already told this to mom, but perhaps a tradition was started? We'd love to have you make Jake's cake every year!! Love you both bunches!!

3 comments:

Rebecca Rebilas said...

Great pictures! Definitely treasures! I'm glad Mom Ernst got to come and make Jake's cake too!

I cannot believe that boy is 9! Oh my... time just doesn't slow down at all.

Jill said...

Gwen, I'm so glad you took pictures and that you posted them. So fun to see!

I cannot believe your kids are in short and Lyds wearing flip flops!!

We almost forgot what shorts an flip flops are!!

Thanks for the nice note the other day. It was such a sweet encouragement during another hard week!

Gwen Ernst said...

Jill,
I do believe that weekend was not too chilly, however, my kids seem to be much more warm blooded than me. I would freeze in what they wear around the house...

Praying this next week brings you much encouragment!