Thursday, November 18, 2010

Random Thusday Thoughts

*Shopping
Took Claire to the mall today to get a birthday present for one of Jake's buddies birthday party on Sunday. I don't normally shop the malls, but the store, Game Stop, was where I was headed for a couple of previously owned games for his DS. His mom had given me the idea, as his games were stolen. Anyhow, I was amused at Claire's wonder at all the different mall discoveries. She paid special attention to the manikins in the store displays. We also had some fun looking at the puppies in Fetch and a little lunch at Chick-fil-A w/ a freebie coupon I had. Two other 'musts' on her list was to hit the little play area and of course, take a round trip on the escalators. I admit I am a people watcher, so while Claire played, I took note of the people around me. There was the teeny, petite mother on one side of me eating her Larabar. Then there was the mom on the other side of me who nonchalantly watched her son bully another boy repeatedly. Hello... mom of bully,how about taking some action? Of course, I also had fun watching all of Claire's peers (minus bully boy). One little guy in particular made me giggle. Claire and 2 other girls were in a car and the boy ran up, climbed on the windshield and exclaimed, "How about some boy on your window?" Don't know if this a new pick up line or what? We stopped into Old Navy on the way out so we could use the potties. Claire, once again, got distracted and I caught myself saying something only a mother probably would..."Ok, say good-bye to the manikins so we can leave."

*God cares about the details!
It's been a few months now that I have been Becky-less. I miss my friend...a lot. I am so glad I get to go and spend some quality time with her this weekend. Leaving tomorrow and I can hardly wait. And while she can never be replaced, God has given me a new friend. Makes me think of the poster that used to hang in my room at my parent's house that said, "Make new friends and keep the old; one is silver, the other gold." Sabrina and her family just moved here from TX right about the same time Becky and her family relocated. And guess what...she has 5 year old twin boys, just like Becky. How cool is that? She also has the sweetest little girl who is in my nursery and is a miracle baby (her story is also one that shows God cares about the details). Sabrina joined Ladies Premiere and we have gotten to know each other the most during our talks on the treadmill! So, thank you God, for the Becky's and Sabrina's in my life!

*She said what?
Sometimes I race the kids to the van and do the ol' "last one there..." routine. Claire has picked up on it, only in her version, it goes, "the first one there's a rockin' egg!"

*York, PA
Just a shout out to my brother and his family's place of residence. Was feeding my kids a bedtime snack of Stauffer's animal crackers and saw on the giant container that they are made in York! Speaking of those Yorker's, I am super duper excited to get to spend some time with them next week!

*The ugliness of man (and woman)
Dan and I went to the Goodwill outlet this morning while Claire was in preschool. The Goodwill outlet is huge and most of their pricing is determined by weight (other than clothes, furniture, and a few other items). I have never seen what I saw today, which I'm told is an everyday occurrence. When the store is ready to bring out a new supply of stuff, they ring a bell and wheel out these huge bins. People line the area where the bins will be brought and they are ready. Sometimes the poor people bringing them out can barely get there before the chaos ensues. Arms were flying and bodies were bumping and well, you can just picture the "gimme" mentality. I know everybody in that line does not fit that category, but you can definitely tell the ones who do. Dan and I were able to snag a few Christmas presents while there but I can't say what they were since the kids read this.

*A sweet closing
Claire is standing beside me and I need to read the kids some Farmer Boy and get them in bed. I asked her if she wanted to say a few words, so here ya go.

"I love you. I love you. I love you. Fishies in the tank. And an animal called Beary (who happens to be lost). Toothpaste tooty. Love you to the neatest states. Animal cracker with pop and sdfhodihsodhfsd (my way of typing gibberish). Talking to Mrs. Balter and Mrs. Hamsik (her teachers)."

Guess she had some pretty random thoughts as well!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Ha, ha, Gwen, to Claire's thought and to your comments about them.

Love all of your random thoughts!